Monday, February 1, 2010

The Grammys

I normally don't watch any awards shows, mostly because they are too long and I end up not knowing half of the people that are on it.

This year, though, I had to watch the Grammys because Beyonce was performing. As of 2009, I have realized a full-blown obsession with Beyonce. Basically, she is my role model, for so many reason. These photos are just a few reasons.





All of these photos are stills from Beyonce's new video "Videophone" featuring Lady Gaga. I have to say, Lady Gaga looks like an emaciated alien next to Beyonce. Not only are her eyes blazing read, but she also doesn't have a clue how to move her body. Beyonce, on the other hand, has such incredibly powerful moves. Here is a link to the video so you can see for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGkvXp0vdng

The first time I watched this video felt like I had motion sickness. Then, I had to watch it again because i couldn't even believe what I saw. I would venture to say that Beyonce is one of the most powerful woman forces in the world. My personal favorite look of hers from the video is when she is sporting the Bettie Page hairstyle. That is exactly how I want my hair to be. The fact that Beyonce wanted Lady Gaga in the video is a smart tactical move, and also very generous. In my opinion, Gaga has very little sustainable talent. Beyonce is helping her enjoy the fame while it lasts. I really think that by the end of 2010, Lady Gaga will be a fleeting memory. I mean, how many "funky" outfits can you really shock people with?

Not only do I respect Beyonce and Jay-Z's marriage, but also their talent and presence in the music industry. I think that they have a good amount of integrity behind what they do, and are surprisingly good at staying out of the tabloids.

Basically, Beyonce is taking over the world, and I fully support it.

No comments:

Post a Comment